The voice of small business
The small business sector is diverse, but many of the challenges of running and managing your own business are shared. Small business owners in Lake Macquarie, Parramatta and Singleton have lent their voice to Ahead for Business and feature on the site in a series of video case studies.
A healthy mindset: Scott Bailey, Bailey Property and Livestock
On staying active: Melissa Horvat, Graphika
On mentors and business support: Les Binkin, Marmong Point Marina
The importance of looking after yourself: Julie Muir, Celebrant
Taking time out each day: Barb and Geoff Brown, Ascella Wines
Connecting with other business owners: Pete Godden, Handyman Pete
Designed with small business, for small business
People from small business have been involved in the development and design of the Ahead for Business program– they have lent their expertise as part of the Leadership Group and attended local consultations to inform the initial approach.
The Ahead for Business team appreciates the leadership, advice and support specifically from:
- Leanne Faulkner, owner, Fortitude at Work
- Elyse Daniels, owner, Exodus Wear
- Pete Godden, owner, Handyman Pete
- Dave Burroughs, Managing Director and Psychologist, CommuniCorp Group
- Robyn Hobbs, NSW Small Business Commissioner
- Small business networks and small business owners in the three trial sites in Lake Macquarie, Parramatta and Singleton
- Other small business owners who have contributed to the research throughout the process.
- Key staff and experts from the National Mental Health Commission, the NSW Mental Health Commission, the NSW Business Chamber, the University of Newcastle and the team from Everymind and the icare foundation.