About Ahead for Business
Ahead for Business is a digital hub that supports mentally healthy businesses.
Funded by The Australian Treasury, the Ahead for Business digital hub has been developed with and for small businesses.
The hub provides tailored resources, peer support, check-ups and personalised action plans and showcases the experiences of small business owners through podcasts, videos, blogs and case studies.
Ahead for Business has been developed to support small business owners in taking action on their own mental health and wellbeing through personalised resources and tools tailored to their specific needs.
We know that more than 4 million people experience mental ill-health each year and almost half the population has experienced a mental illness at some time in their life.
As the largest employment sector in Australia, small businesses are an important setting for a focus on mental health.
What's new for you on the hub?
- Toolkits: Designed with small business owners and policymakers in mind, these toolkits provide practical guidance on supporting small business owners and how small business owners can make the most of their existing networks.
- COVID-19 spotlight: A centralised hub of support, information and resources for small business owners and those who support them in navigating adverse events like COVID-19.
- Voices and stories from small business owners: A blog space featuring the voices and stories from small business owners across multiple settings and industries.
- Personalised dashboard: A secure, private portal where small business owners can save resources, results and information and track their progress over time.
- Connect and chat online: Access an anonymous, peer-focused online forum featuring topics and issues that matter to small business owners.
- Directory of support: A section that connects to service providers and organisations who provide mental health, business and industry support for small business owners.
- Identify your stressors: Access a range of digital tools and plans to identify personal stress points and understand current mental health and wellbeing status, including personalised resources.
- Tailored multimedia resources: A series of podcasts, videos and case studies designed to empower small business owners and those who support them, to take action on their mental health and wellbeing.
Ahead for Business is an initiative of Everymind, a national institute dedicated to preventing mental ill-health and suicide.
If you would like more information about Ahead for Business or would like to be involved in the research, please contact us.