Recognising the wellbeing of female small business owners this Women’s Health Week.
The mental health and wellbeing of small business owners will be the focus of a number of state and national campaigns this October, as the sector comes together for National Safe Work Month, NSW Small Business Month and Mental Health Month.
As part of these campaigns, a number of webinar events and activities are planned throughout the month, to help support the mental health and wellbeing of small business owners, and those who support them.
A snapshot of activities are outlined below:
- Building resilience webinar - 5 October - WorkSafe Tasmania and SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY
- Developing managers’ capabilities in supporting workplace mental health webinar - 7 October - WorkSafe Tasmania and University of Tasmania
- Managing team wellbeing workshop - 8 October - Black Dog Institute
- Protecting the mental health of small businesses during COVID-19 recovery webinar - 9 October - WorkSafe Tasmania, Everymind and Beyond Blue
- COVID-19 and Work: A mental health perspective event and webinar - 9 October - WorkSafe NT
- Mental Health Week virtual speaker presentations - 10-16 October - SafeWork QLD
- Navigating mental health through COVID-19 webinar - 14 October - Safe Work Australia and Comcare
- Your mental health at work workshops - 20 and 26 October - Black Dog Institute
Other activities and webinars of interest
- Support yourself and small business: A learning course for business advisers - Beyond Blue
- Workplace mental health webinars - Beyond Blue and Heads Up
- Small Business webinars - Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
For further information and tools to support your business and your mental health, visit Ahead for Business 'Resources' section.